Personal data which we collect about you
We collect a variety of information about our members. This personal data falls into these categories:
• Identity Data includes title, first name, last name, or similar identifier
• Contact Data includes delivery address, email address and telephone
• Transaction Data includes details about membership subscriptions and donations, and event tickets you have purchased from us
How is your personal data collected?
We collect data from and about you including through:
Direct interactions. You may give us your Identity, Contact and Financial Data
by filling in forms or by corresponding with us by post, phone, email or through
chat or social media.
This includes personal data you provide when you:
• receive our newsletter;
• make enquiries or request information be sent to you;
• order event tickets or LAA merchandise;
• ask for marketing to be sent to you;
• engage with us on social media;
• volunteer for working parties and events;
• contact us;
DATA PRIVACY STATEMENT
Automated technologies or interactions. As you interact with us, including via
the loose-amenities.co.uk website, we may automatically collect Technical Data
about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns. We may also collect
Tracking Data when you use our website, or when you click on one of our
events or other payment links (including those shown on third party websites).
Loose Amenities Association uses the third party payment processor PayPal toprocess payments made for products and services via the Website. All onlinepayments will be conducted in accordance with Payment Card Industry (PCI)data security standards (which are high!) and your billing information (which isonly used by these payment processors for the purpose of performing fraudprotection) is encrypted before being communicated to them. Subject to thebelow exceptions, your credit card details are communicated directly from your
browser to these payment processors - We never see your full PermanentAccount Number (PAN). This means that the payment form is either off-site ordisplayed in a frame on the payment page.
For PayPal we only store the tokens required to identify the transaction withPayPal, issue refunds and identify transactions made using PayPal.
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personaldata from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way,altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to thosewithin the Association (such as event and working parties organisers) whohave a business need to know. They will only process your personal data onour instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We will only keep your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil thepurposes we collected it for.
Your legal rights
If the General Data Protection Regulation applies to you because you are in the European Union, you have rights under data protection laws in relation to your
• The right to be informed – that’s an obligation on us to inform you howwe use your personal data (and that’s what we’re doing that in this
• The right of access – that’s a right to make what’s known as a ‘data subject access request’ for copy of the personal data we hold about you;
• The right to rectification – that’s a right to make us correct personal data about you that may be incomplete or inaccurate;
• The right to erasure – that’s also known as the ‘right to be forgotten’ where in certain circumstances you can ask us to delete the personal data we have about you (unless there’s an overriding legal reason we need to keep it);
• The right to restrict processing – that’s a right for you in certain
circumstances to ask us to suspend processing personal data;
• The right to data portability – that’s a right for you to ask us for a copy of your personal data in a common format (for example, a .csv file);
• The right to object – that’s a right for you to object to us processing your personal data (for example, if you object to us processing your data for direct marketing); and
• Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling –that’s a right you have for us to be transparent about any profiling we do, or any automated decision making.
If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please contact us via
Loose Amenities Association,
General enquiries: 01622 743676